<$BlogRSDURL$>

Monday, March 22, 2010

Everybody's workin' for the weekend

Three-day weekend here for some holiday or other, so the museums are all closed up. Of course, now that I literally live in the museum that's not a huge problem, but it does mean that I've been just straight lurking around by myself for three days, feeding off the dwindling supplies of crackers and dried mango that I stockpiled earlier in the week. Which is fine and all, nutritionally, although not quite as satisfying a meal as one would like. Ah well, such is mango.

As soon as the weekend is over I'll be heading down to Johannesburg for the final week of my trip. Pretoria and Joburg are very close together, it's like a 45-minute drive between the two, so I can leave in the morning and get there in time to do a day of work. Happily things have cooled down quite a bit here, and are generally even cooler in Joburg, because the previous three weeks were a nonstop cavalcade of sweltering temperatures and nary an air conditioner or even for the most part a fan to break the heat. While a little warmth was welcome after escaping a blizzard to get here, I tired of it very quickly, and am mostly looking forward to returning to, if not frigid, then at least chilly climes.

Comments:
........and chilly climes you'll get....heck....we're still freezing down here in Ef-el-A. Hope you have a great last week there. We have found your posts most amusing. Thank you for taking the time to acknowledge your fan base.

Love, Pappy
 
Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?