Tuesday, October 30, 2007
Don’t Cry For Me, Judge Scalia
It’s April Fool’s Day with the Capitol Steps! So for my one day of “sight-seeing” in Buenos Aires, I headed over to the city’s premier tourist destination, El Cemetario de la Recoleta (how profoundly Latin American that the city’s most famous location is a cemetary.) A veritable who’s who of porteño (that’s a Buenos Airean, by the way) glitterati and ex-military strongmen can be found interred here, often in ultra-swank black marble mini-cathedral mausolea. Of course, the big draw for most of the foreign turistas is the grave of Madonna, I mean, Evita Perón. As I passed by her unremarkable but perpetually white rose-bedecked family mausoleum, I caught the above photo of a young lady posing and singing a few verses from “Don’t Cry For Me, Argentina”, which I imagine someone does every few minutes here.
Comments:
How nice that you got some quality time at the cemetary for Halloween! I hope you get some candy. Great to hear from you xoxom
Post a Comment
