Monday, July 23, 2007
Bosch Bosch Bosch None Shall Remain
Last Friday I momentarily left Cape Town to visit Stellenbosch, a town not far away in the heart of the Cape Winelands. Stellenbosch is famed both for its antiquacy and vineyards, and combined with the spectacular landscape surrounding it it is not difficult to see why it is a popular tourist destination. Myself, I went not in search of wine or immaculately restored 17th century Cape Dutch houses, but rather to see a reclusive but famed scientist with his hands on certain type skulls I needed to examine. Although getting a hold of the fellow was a bear of a task, once that had been accomplished he was actually the nicest guy ever, and even drove out to Cape Town to pick me up. And, oh, what a trove of treasures he had ferreted away in his specimen closet. Hopefully some of them will see the light of publication at some point.
Seen in Stellenbosch: an arms store called "Gun O'Clock". How I love it.
Last Friday I momentarily left Cape Town to visit Stellenbosch, a town not far away in the heart of the Cape Winelands. Stellenbosch is famed both for its antiquacy and vineyards, and combined with the spectacular landscape surrounding it it is not difficult to see why it is a popular tourist destination. Myself, I went not in search of wine or immaculately restored 17th century Cape Dutch houses, but rather to see a reclusive but famed scientist with his hands on certain type skulls I needed to examine. Although getting a hold of the fellow was a bear of a task, once that had been accomplished he was actually the nicest guy ever, and even drove out to Cape Town to pick me up. And, oh, what a trove of treasures he had ferreted away in his specimen closet. Hopefully some of them will see the light of publication at some point.
Seen in Stellenbosch: an arms store called "Gun O'Clock". How I love it.
Comments:
I would totally own and run a store called Gun O'Clock. However, it would have nothing to do with guns. Maybe I'd sell clocks.
Or neither.
Or neither.
I would totally own a store called GUN O'CLOCK, (Maybe O'GLOCK) and WOULD totally sell guns. And clocks.
I only wonder what ClockMan would say about Gun-o-Clock. Plenty, I should imagine. See you soon.
XXDad
Post a Comment
XXDad

