Wednesday, March 07, 2007
Lagwagon
I've gotten a pretty good routine going on that involves minimal journeys to the REAL WORLD, maximizing my SKULL TIME. So it's like this: my hotel is right across the street from the institute where I'm working, and for me, THAT IS ALL. I get up, go to work, come back, call it a night. Said call usually occurs around 8 or 9 o'clock, on account of the accursed lag! Then I wake up sometime between 5 and 6 AM, read or write for a while until 9 rolls around, when I can hop on over and start in on the fossils. I don't mind the nodding off early, because as noted, I really have no plans to do stuff at night nor any real desire to do so, as anything here that I might be interested in (other museums, the Forbidden City, Tianamen Square, etc.) are strictly daytime activities anyway, and I do not have day hours to waste on non-skull-related activities. However, the getting up at 5 AM thing rubs me the wrong way. There's just something about getting up when it's still dark but absolutely not being able to get back to sleep that enrages me. Consarnit, that's Willie's time!
I've gotten a pretty good routine going on that involves minimal journeys to the REAL WORLD, maximizing my SKULL TIME. So it's like this: my hotel is right across the street from the institute where I'm working, and for me, THAT IS ALL. I get up, go to work, come back, call it a night. Said call usually occurs around 8 or 9 o'clock, on account of the accursed lag! Then I wake up sometime between 5 and 6 AM, read or write for a while until 9 rolls around, when I can hop on over and start in on the fossils. I don't mind the nodding off early, because as noted, I really have no plans to do stuff at night nor any real desire to do so, as anything here that I might be interested in (other museums, the Forbidden City, Tianamen Square, etc.) are strictly daytime activities anyway, and I do not have day hours to waste on non-skull-related activities. However, the getting up at 5 AM thing rubs me the wrong way. There's just something about getting up when it's still dark but absolutely not being able to get back to sleep that enrages me. Consarnit, that's Willie's time!
Comments:
WOO HOO!! Yippee My faithful and daily checking, well almost daily,of your blog site has finally paid off! I'm still chuckling at Buford Q. Apenuts xoxom
Post a Comment

