<$BlogRSDURL$>

Saturday, September 10, 2005

In the chill of the night at the scene of a crime

Fact: all children in Africa wear Spider-Man shirts.

The bus system in Pretoria is yet worse than that in Johannesburg. Hours I wait, watching dozens of accursed Danvilles, Mucklenuiks, and Wonderbooms drive by while my precious Silverton bus remains elusive. Other than myself, the only people who catch the Silverton bus are disabled, elderly Afrikaners. It’s very odd, the first day I caught the bus the only other passenger was an old, one-legged gentleman, and of course I paid it no mind. But the second day it was two old chaps, both on crutches. And then an old woman in a back brace after that. I don’t know much about Silverton itself, as I stop before the bus reaches its terminus, but it seems to be just another suburb, not a retirement community or hospital district. So I am left with no explanations other than that although the probability of consistently encountering nothing but disabled elderly on a public transit system is very low, it is not nil, and with a sample size of 6 billion people, statistically, it must be occurring somewhere on Earth. It seems I have found that occurrence.

Comments:
Could it be that Silverton is the code word for leper? Also your cousin Jameson would like to move to Africa to be with all the other Spidey Lovers.
 
Can we get an update? I'm starting to think some freaky insect/desperate disenfranchised did you in.

C'mon, man!
 
Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?