<$BlogRSDURL$>

Sunday, September 25, 2005

”And he’s been drinking!” “Wakk-wakk-wakk…” 


Penguins!, originally uploaded by Pambdelurion.

An unprecedented non-urban wildlife report: Me, chillin’-willin’ with Spheniscus demersus. Yesterday I went down the eastern coast of the Cape Peninsula to Simon’s Town, home of a sizable colony of Africa, or jackass, penguins (the latter name derived from their braying, donkey-like call). A good time was had by all. Unfortunately, I did not see any Southern right whales, which were apparently represented in record numbers off the southern end of the peninsula, but hey-you can’t have everything.


Comments:
Dear Chris--Once again you've given me a good belly laugh! You look like you're having the time of your life and the family, vicariously, is having it, too! Today is Tuesday here, and presumably there,also, and Pop is out chasing the elusive little white carrot the he allows to dangle in his face. I,in the meantime, am stoking the home fires- sounds thrilling, no? Keep entertaining us with your journal- God knows it's the high point of the day! We love you very much Grram and Pop
 
Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?