Sunday, September 04, 2005
Advantage: Agassi
As I have nearly exhausted my supply of reading material and I find myself with time to kill in the evenings, I’ve been watching a lot of TV lately. South African TV is abysmal, with the local network offerings consisting of mind-numbing regional soaps like 7de Laan and Muvhango. As such, I find myself watching American TV shows that I would never, ever watch when I was actually in America. Tripe like Desperate Housewives, Amish in the City, and the various offerings of the WWE (that’s Velocity, Raw, and Smackdown!) Not that I’m getting into it or anything, but man, I’ve just gotta see Hogan take on Shawn Michaels in Summer Slam. What are you going to do, Shawn Michaels, what are you going to do when Hulkamania runs wild on you? And I can’t believe Eddie Guerrero is trying to steal Rey Mysterioso’s son! Fighting the custody battle in the ring, that’s whack! I mean, what infantile pap.
My salvation has come from an accident: while rooting through the nether pockets of my luggage the other day, I discovered that I had never unpacked my DVD of The Ben Stiller Show from a previous trip. And the word on the street is that little show-off Agassí is back in the game! Oh, the hilarious antics of Stiller, Garofalo, Dick, and Odenkirk have gotten me through many a time, this much I can tell you (even if Stiller does play the Springsteen card a little bit thick). And I just can’t get enough of Manson (a Lassie parody with Charles Manson in the collie role). What’s that, Manson? Timmy’s in trouble? (If there’s one thing I learned while sitting through the utter agony of the film Lassie: Adventures of Neeka at the last B-Fest, it’s that “Trouble at the old well?” jokes never get tired. Never.) Until next time, remember that here at Oliver Stoneland, we question authority! The only way out is death…the only way out is death….
As I have nearly exhausted my supply of reading material and I find myself with time to kill in the evenings, I’ve been watching a lot of TV lately. South African TV is abysmal, with the local network offerings consisting of mind-numbing regional soaps like 7de Laan and Muvhango. As such, I find myself watching American TV shows that I would never, ever watch when I was actually in America. Tripe like Desperate Housewives, Amish in the City, and the various offerings of the WWE (that’s Velocity, Raw, and Smackdown!) Not that I’m getting into it or anything, but man, I’ve just gotta see Hogan take on Shawn Michaels in Summer Slam. What are you going to do, Shawn Michaels, what are you going to do when Hulkamania runs wild on you? And I can’t believe Eddie Guerrero is trying to steal Rey Mysterioso’s son! Fighting the custody battle in the ring, that’s whack! I mean, what infantile pap.
My salvation has come from an accident: while rooting through the nether pockets of my luggage the other day, I discovered that I had never unpacked my DVD of The Ben Stiller Show from a previous trip. And the word on the street is that little show-off Agassí is back in the game! Oh, the hilarious antics of Stiller, Garofalo, Dick, and Odenkirk have gotten me through many a time, this much I can tell you (even if Stiller does play the Springsteen card a little bit thick). And I just can’t get enough of Manson (a Lassie parody with Charles Manson in the collie role). What’s that, Manson? Timmy’s in trouble? (If there’s one thing I learned while sitting through the utter agony of the film Lassie: Adventures of Neeka at the last B-Fest, it’s that “Trouble at the old well?” jokes never get tired. Never.) Until next time, remember that here at Oliver Stoneland, we question authority! The only way out is death…the only way out is death….
Comments:
Post a Comment