Friday, August 19, 2005
They Want Their Bread
Comin' to you live from Skull Tour '05!
So I've been in London for the past three days. Happily, there are plenty of skulls. Not too many nice ones, but enough to keep me busy. The country itself, though, I'm not so enamored with. For the most part, it's just like the U.S., only not as good. And everything is more expensive at the same time it is not as good. I am having a good time, though, because everything is completely hilarious here, from the funny way people talk to the fact that everyone and everything reminds me of two bits from The Simpsons (the Brittania casino plan unveiled before Mr. Burns and of course the Big Book of British Smiles) and one from The Critic ("Jay? 'Ave I got a rude noise for you!"). That aside, although I said that London is much like most major U.S. cities, there are some differences:
1. Here, Waldo (of "Wheres?" fame), is called Wally.
2. The architecture is mostly nicer. Some exceptions, but by and large it's true.
3. Fanta does not suck here.
4. The unicorn and dragon quotient is much higher than in most U.S. cities. That's a good thing.
5. The traffic is yet crazier.
I leave for Johannesburg tomorrow. Follow me, won't you? On Skull Tour '05!
Comin' to you live from Skull Tour '05!
So I've been in London for the past three days. Happily, there are plenty of skulls. Not too many nice ones, but enough to keep me busy. The country itself, though, I'm not so enamored with. For the most part, it's just like the U.S., only not as good. And everything is more expensive at the same time it is not as good. I am having a good time, though, because everything is completely hilarious here, from the funny way people talk to the fact that everyone and everything reminds me of two bits from The Simpsons (the Brittania casino plan unveiled before Mr. Burns and of course the Big Book of British Smiles) and one from The Critic ("Jay? 'Ave I got a rude noise for you!"). That aside, although I said that London is much like most major U.S. cities, there are some differences:
1. Here, Waldo (of "Wheres?" fame), is called Wally.
2. The architecture is mostly nicer. Some exceptions, but by and large it's true.
3. Fanta does not suck here.
4. The unicorn and dragon quotient is much higher than in most U.S. cities. That's a good thing.
5. The traffic is yet crazier.
I leave for Johannesburg tomorrow. Follow me, won't you? On Skull Tour '05!
Comments:
Post a Comment