Wednesday, April 20, 2005
May God help us...in the future
In my last entry I noted how it appears that we are officially living in the future. This story confirms that suspicion. And let me say, three cheers for petro-packed emirates with insane amounts of cash to drop on crazy schemes. The U.S. is absolutely languishing in the field of robotic camel-riding. And people wonder why we can't catch Bin Laden! Also, I love that this paves the way for all sorts of other ethically questionable practices to come back into the mainstream...in robot form. Because if it's a robot, it's okay to kill it, as so many 80s cartoons taught us. You see, I find dogfighting cruel and horribly unethical, but robot dogfighting? I'm all over that. Until of course the day when the robots become too smart, and try to break free, and the long-suppressed rumblings in their lamprey brains command them to kill us all, in an orgy of blood with the kicking and the nyeh. Yeah, that day's gonna suck. But until then, it's nothing but sweet, sweet robot gravy.
In my last entry I noted how it appears that we are officially living in the future. This story confirms that suspicion. And let me say, three cheers for petro-packed emirates with insane amounts of cash to drop on crazy schemes. The U.S. is absolutely languishing in the field of robotic camel-riding. And people wonder why we can't catch Bin Laden! Also, I love that this paves the way for all sorts of other ethically questionable practices to come back into the mainstream...in robot form. Because if it's a robot, it's okay to kill it, as so many 80s cartoons taught us. You see, I find dogfighting cruel and horribly unethical, but robot dogfighting? I'm all over that. Until of course the day when the robots become too smart, and try to break free, and the long-suppressed rumblings in their lamprey brains command them to kill us all, in an orgy of blood with the kicking and the nyeh. Yeah, that day's gonna suck. But until then, it's nothing but sweet, sweet robot gravy.
Comments:
Post a Comment